We are looking for a QA Analyst to join our Technology Department. In this position you’ll be reporting to the Director of Software Development but working very closely with our developers in the IT department. You will work on requirement analysis and test case creation as well as do black box testing. You will also be working with a group of quality assurance analysts and engineers who test, evaluate, and validate technology initiatives and identify issues in applications or services. Having good follow through is an important part of this position. Every step in the process must be checked and rechecked to make sure no problems arise from the last changes made. We want someone who is organized and thorough in their approach to manual testing.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has personally tested projects for a mid-sized Internet company. We’re looking for someone who’s performed QA within a structured environment and understands QA principles but enjoys the ever changing dynamic environment of smaller companies. Our primary technology base is MS SQL and .NET technologies.
In this position you will be testing our public and private websites, processes, new product launches and internal tools. Part of the function of this position is to continually test online processes on a regularly scheduled basis. The ability to identify defects not found by development and to catch issues before they make it to the production environment is imperative.
Please note this is a contract role.
What you will do:
· Testing multiple desktop and mobile public web sites
· Analyze and bridge functionality gaps while constantly testing and documenting bugs, enhancements, and other issues
· Design and execute test plans on software applications
· Record and document test results and compare to expected results
· Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected
· Communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
· Validate that business requirements have been met and making sure that bugs are resolved before deployment
· Internal/intranet web based tools testing
· The customer experience on our web sites and email
· Repeated tests on the numerous processes and procedures on internal and externally facing websites
· Review project documentation for potential impact to the application. In addition, the QA Analyst must extrapolate from the project documentation any potential impacts to our other systems
· Document project requirements, test cases, and defects
· Reports status of testing both verbally and in writing
· Analyze, update and generate User Manuals and User Guides
· Ensures that all development guidelines have been adhered to and company processes and procedures are followed
What you need to be successful:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field (computer science) or the equivalent in work experience in a quality assurance role.
· Experience with testing on multiple desktop and mobile platforms (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS)
· Experience with issue management software (TFS, JIRA Microsoft Test Manager) and agile methodologies.
· 2-4 years QA experience in an Internet environment
· A working knowledge of organization policies, procedures and generally accepted Quality Assurance practices
· Basic computer knowledge. And SQL or MYSQL knowledge.
· Knowledge of various browsers and Emulators
· Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook
· Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
· Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects
· Outstanding problem-solving skills
· Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to look at a process multiple times with the same amount of scrutiny
· Ability to handle multi-tasks and interface with all levels of staff
· Self-motivated, flexible, high integrity and ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
· Maintain confidentiality relative to organizational strategies, objectives, and practices
· Ability to deal with the pressure of strict time constraints
· Communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other departments
· Ability to gracefully shift priorities and be able to handle change
· Committed to company mission and customer’s needs
· Transfers thoughts and expresses ideas effectively individually or in a group setting
· Demonstrates a high level of dependability in doing their job and being there for his/her team
· Develops cooperation and teamwork and works towards solutions that general benefit all parties involved
· Strong skills in designing and implementing Test Cases and Test Scripts are highly desired.
· Familiarity with the Scrum and Agile methodologies
· Experience with Microsoft office suite
· Experience in using tools like, Fiddler, Browser Developer tools for debugging
· A passion for great usability, products and logical design
· Position requires the ability to work extended hours on a computer.
· The qualities, responsibilities and requirements listed above are representative of the education, knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Outlook Amusements is an equal opportunity employer. And reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.