Reporting to the Director of Software Development, the Software Architect is responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of complex software applications. The architect will also play a role in setting the technical direction for the overall application architecture as well as mentoring the internal team.
Please note this is a contract role.
- Develop and analyze the design and architecture of complex software application systems.
- Provide architectural and implementation oversight and guidance to ensure consistency and quality of design and code.
- Analyze and document existing systems, review preexisting complex code and provide recommendations to improve performance & maintainability.
- Ability to communicate technical issues and concepts clearly, both orally and in writing
- Write test and debug complex problems in various modules of the various software application
- Code reviews
- Manage test and acceptance activities
- Direct contribution to development and test efforts
- Manage and support system deployment
- Design and build reusable modules to be used throughout our applications
- Collaborate with senior developers to design and create the next generation of our software, services and systems architecture.
- Write application code using latest C# and ASP.NET framework
- Assist in building database structure for SQL Server to meet software data storage needs
- Understand cloud engineering, data streaming, high availability systems, high performance computing and grid computing.
What you need to be successful:
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while managing day to day transactions
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to gracefully shift priorities and be able to handle change
- Committed to company mission and customer’s needs
- Transfers thoughts and expresses ideas effectively individually or in a group setting
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability in doing their job and being there for his/her team
- Develops cooperation and teamwork and works towards solutions that general benefit all parties involved
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Very good communication skills, self-motivated, “go getter” kind of person required
- 10+ years of professional web development experience using C#, .NET, ASP.NET 3.5 – 4.0, MVC, and WCF
- 10+ years design and development experience of enterprise applications using common development and execution platforms (e.g. J2EE, .Net)
- 7+ year’s professional experience with SQL Server 2012 and up as well as Transact-SQL. Solid understanding of stored procedures, triggers, database design and relational design
- Experience with time sensitive & highly optimized REST API & Windows Services
- Understanding of XML/Web services
- Knowledge in technological approach as well as in product feature
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Experience with agile software development (specifically Scrum)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Cloud IVR, Live Video Chat, Chat and texting web integration.
- Continuous work on a personal computer
- Open plan air conditioned office
The qualities, responsibilities and requirements listed above are representative of the education, knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Outlook Amusements is an equal opportunity employer. And reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.