To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for a high energy, results focused individual for the following role:
Position: Customer Solutions Specialist
Reliance Home Comfort is proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2016 !
The importance of culture in driving our success has long been endorsed internally at Reliance – it is our Home Team Advantage. Congratulations to our team members for living our guiding principles with a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and an unwavering focus on customer service.
Our “Better is Better” culture has inspired us to offer a Team Member Technical Training Assistance Program. We are proud to support our Team Members by offering tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave above employment insurance while they further their education. Join our team today!
Reliance Comfort Limited Partnership offers essential home services to customers across Canada keeping homeowners warm in the winter, cool in the summer and with an endless supply of hot water.
Reliance is a $600 million business today having doubled in size over the last 5 years. The Reliance portfolio consists of over 1.7 million residential rental assets in Ontario and is North America’s largest portfolio of rental water heaters. It is also Canada’s largest heating and cooling company. What has remained core to the business in our fast growing company is the continual development of strong customer relationships and loyalty, and investment in team members and systems necessary to cost-effectively and efficiently manage the business.
Past performance and future plans demonstrate that the business is doing the right things in its quest to become the destination of choice in its vertical by offering consumers products and services they want and value. The organization is well positioned to continue to out-perform others in a competitive marketplace.
Attempt to retain customers who have expressed an interest in cancelling their service through education, identifying and addressing needs/concerns and when required, devising a plan of action that offers a mutually beneficial resolution within the contractual limitations and Reliance policies. At all customer touch points, the Customer Solutions Specialist will ensure an outstanding customer experience is being delivered through professional, courteous and supportive conduct.
- Engage customers in an enthusiastic and persuasive conversation about the benefits of remaining with Reliance, while maintaining sincerity and realism – over the phone, and in writing
- Educate existing customers on Reliance products and services along with the contractual details of their agreement
- Provide active listening to customer concerns, complaints and needs
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve customer concerns
- Identify competitive activities, changes in the market, new attrition drivers and recommend retention tactics
- Obtain an in depth knowledge of the various customer contracts and associated options available to customers
- If unsuccessful in saving a customer, articulate the applicable options and process the corresponding account closure as per the terms and conditions
- Perform role as per established retention benchmarks
- Work with a sense of urgency to achieve service level objectives without sacrificing the delivery of an outstanding customer experience
- Contribute to effective cost and risk control through productivity and adherence to corporate processes and controls
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- 2 years of customer service experience in a fast paced call centre environment
- Retention/customer loyalty experience
- University or college education preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills to deal with diverse/complex customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate resolutions
- Confident in situations where there is potential for conflict
- Comfortable interpreting contract language and relaying key terms and conditions in an easy to understand manner
- Professional and customer focused - experience interacting with both internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in an environment subject to frequent change with minimal lead time
- Self-managed - work within established guidelines with minimal scripting
- Persistent and driven to work towards personal and team targets; open to feedback on performance
- Technical aptitude – able to manage multiple systems while interacting with a customer
- Punctual and reliable
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates (if applicable). This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally .
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.