To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for a high energy, results focused individual for the following role:
Position: Apprentice Plumber
Reliance Comfort Limited Partnership offers essential home services to customers across Canada keeping homeowners warm in the winter, cool in the summer and with an endless supply of hot water.
Reliance is a $550 million business today having doubled in size over the last 5 years. Reliance has over 1.6 million customers and is Canada’s largest portfolio of rental water heaters and is one of Canada’s largest heating and cooling companies. What has remained core to the business in our fast growing company is the continual development of strong customer relationships and loyalty, and investment in team members and systems necessary to cost-effectively and efficiently deliver outstanding customer service.
Past performance and future plans demonstrate that the business is doing the right things in its quest to become the destination of choice in its vertical by offering consumers products and services they want and value. The organization is well positioned to continue to out-perform others in a competitive marketplace.
Primary Mission: You will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with Reliance customers as you professionally provide residential plumbing diagnostic, repair and installation services.
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call.
- On-site problem diagnosis, accurately estimate repair costs, fixed right the first time and continual value-added communication with the home owner
- Install, maintain and repair all types of piping systems, fixtures and other equipment used to distribute, supply or dispose of water or wastewater; including fixtures systems and appliances in residential buildings
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Set priorities and work assignments to meet established deadlines
- Perform diagnostics, repair, maintain, service and install equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Perform general and specific equipment inspections
- Correctly instruct customers on proper care and maintenance
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all modern equipment and regulations
- Explain the value of Reliance products, services and programs on every call
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must be a registered Apprentice Plumber with the Ontario College of Trades
- 2+ years in Plumbing would be ideal
- Must have a driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience in Refrigeration, HVAC, Electricity, and Mechanics an asset
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally .
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.