Senior Online Producer
2K Publishing, Shanghai, China
The Senior Online Producer will bring prior experience launching, supporting and operating online technology, infrastructure and features for commercially successful, large-scale online video game titles. The Senior Online Producer will oversee the planning, execution, deployment, expansion, management and support of such titles, supervising development personnel across multiple studios and serving as the primary point of contact with operations staff. The successful candidate will have proven mastery in all of the relevant areas of expertise, including scalability, reliability, security, database architecture, QOS considerations, network performance, latency, social networks, mobile access and so on. This role is seated in Shanghai.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field such.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the planning, development and release of online-enabled videogames, software or platforms.
• Experience launching and operating online titles in Asia.
• Deep understanding of online infrastructure best practices and methodologies including performance, scalability, reliability and security needs and considerations.
• Strong organizational, management and execution skills with prior experience at a senior or director-level of responsibility.
• Work with the operator and live team post launch to ensure efficient development.
• Strong communication skills.
• Highly organized, problem solving personality.
• Avid gamer a plus.
• Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Adept at building relationships throughout the organization.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to self-prioritize effectively, to ensure key items are delivered to meet immediate project needs.
• Must be able to effectively communicate risks and obstacles both to managed team members, as well as to upper management.
• Ability to manage to and deliver on hard product deadlines with rapid development cycles while being the guardian over product quality.
• Proven and established negotiation skills.
• Strong industry understanding and knowledge (both historically and forward looking).
• Skilled in all phases of game development from concept to completion.
• Ability to inspire and motivate those that work for them and those they work around.
• Confident public speaker, particularly able to handle press interviews, executive review meetings, etc.
• The ability to multitask in order to handle a very large number of discrete tasks at once, without losing focus on any individual item.
• Highly organized and self-directed, and capable of instilling that characteristic in others.