Senior Software Engineer - Systems
A senior individual contributor responsible for designing, developing, writing and debugging code for assigned PC & Console projects. Serves as a mentor to junior members of the staff. Firaxis Games is seeking an experienced software engineer with a strong background in systems.
• Design, develop, write, document and implement next generation systems code for PC, and consoles.
• Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.
• Writes documentation for other programmers use.
• Anticipates, identifies and articulates problem areas and develops preventative solutions.
• Accurately schedule and track development efforts for systems related tasks across the team.
• Has a clear vision of how products should function and the ability to lead peers to share this vision.
• C, C++ and Visual Studio.
• Education: 4-year degree in computer science or equivalent.
• State-of-the-art, effective and efficient interactive entertainment/computer game development (PC and Console) industry practices.
• Experience in analyzing and optimizing large code bases.
• Multithreaded programming.
• UE3 Experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal communication.
• Excellent writing.
• Successful problem-solving.
• State-of-the-art, effective and efficient software architecting.
• Leadership, including delegating and oversight.
• Project management.
• To function well as a member of a team.
• To function well independently.
• To stay focused on the "big picture" and suggest strategic approaches both creatively and technically.
• To push the software engineering quality bar, both creatively and technically.
• To convey software engineering concepts in understandable terms to both management and team members.
• To working cooperatively interdepartmentally.
• To accurately estimate task assignments and communicate progress to team members and leaders.
• To take ownership of assigned tasks.