The Supervisor oversees the work activity and workforce in the operation of the facility and completion of work within areas under the supervisor's responsibility to maintain integrity of hospital assets, reliability of systems and services and to minimize risk.
• Community College Diploma and/or Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
• Minimum 2nd Class Operating Engineer Certificate issued by the TSSA for work in the province of Ontario required
• Trade Certificate in a related building services trade preferred
• Membership in related associations like ASHRAE, CHES, IFMA, BOMA is an asset
• Minimum three years practical and related experience supervising trade activity required, preferably in a unionized environment
• Experience in a technical trade role an asset
• Project management experience an asset
• Completion of an Energy Management program/course is preferred
• Experience with Building Automation and Management systems an asset
• Proficient computer skills
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
Some responsibilities include the following:
• Supervises work activity of contractors and employees who are skilled and semi-skilled unionized trade staff
• Monitors work load and schedules and makes changes and/or improvements
• Performs quality management responsibilities monitoring work to ensure quality improvement initiatives are incorporated
• In cooperation with the Manager, Building Services assists with managing the utility budget
• Initiates and supports procurement of services or parts/material for ongoing work or project work from subcontractors
• Ensures work is performed in accordance to procedures, policies, good practices and legislative requirements
• Provides coverage for other Supervisors in their absence to monitor and direct resources to meet the goals and duties of the department
• Supports Facilities Planning with information and resources when required from conceptual plan to occupancy and beyond•
• All other duties as assigned by Manager
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday - Friday (days). On-call rotation required.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.